Monday, August 14, 2017

goodbye party

My going away party took place on the 30th of June, 2017.

We had invited all of my friends and set up a party-lounge in the garden. food, drinks, everything was there. My dad even decorated the lounge as Indian as possible.
When my friends entered at about 2.30pm we first sat down and had some drinks and snacks while listening to music and chatting.

At about 3pm we started with the first activity which was a photo-scavenger hunt. Everyone had to join to groups of 3. There was a paper saying for example: Take a photo where everyone is wearing something green. On that paper there were about 15 of these instructions given and the team which was a) done first and b) won the judges´ (mom and dad) vote won the game.

After that we ordered a typical, not very liked by me, party food: pizza
In the meantime we had the present-session. On my invitation I had asked everyone to give a practical little present for me to take on my journey. I had to guess which present is from which person so that was quite funny.

After dinner and a little chill-time we started with the last activity: an auction.
All the people were requested to bring some things, old or new, used or unused, that they didn't´t need anymore but would be nice for others. We did the auction with monopoly-money -- every person got a specific amount for their free use. My dad was a very good auctioneer and everybody enjoyed a lot I think.

All in all the party was a great success and my friends went home with a big smile on their faces and good memories in their mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment